Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Kittens - Day 22


Today is the last "kittens" post. Bubby, like Tinker before him, has gone with Tanya to his new home. He was a little hard to catch... hiding and trying to be difficult, but he said goodbye to his mom and went off to his new family. It's strange how a few weeks ago he was really the intrepid one, but after Tinker's departure he became kind of fearful like she had been. Willow as always is completely rambunctious. Sometimes I wish I'd named him "Chaos," as it befits his leaping, random, fearless playfulness. As you may have noticed, !Kittencam! is no longer running. I might set up !MouseCam! if I ever find any infrared LED lights for a decent price (for filming in the dark), but we'll see how that goes. I will try to bring you other fun multimedia like videos and recordings in the meantime. I hope this week to get a recording of Willow purring. He is a TINY cat with a LOUD purr...very loud. He is as loud if not louder than my near 20lb cat!

I hope those of you who have followed the tale of the kittens continue to follow this blog even though the kittens are gone on to their new homes. I have some pretty big plans for this web space. I will, of course, post updates on all the kittens as I receive them, and since Willow and Rainsong are part of my family, you will definitely be able to read their stories. I also have some posts planned about animal intelligence, fish who live in the very deepest depths of the ocean, the oldest trees in the world, and other fun nature-related stuff. I hope to start this month a new feature, something like "Plant/Animal of the Week" and post some interesting information and photos about the spotlight creature. This will likely spawn a second feature that specifically looks at "Flora and Fauna in Florida." Not really totally sure all the directions I could take, but feel free to weigh in with questions, comments, criticisms, and suggestions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved your blog on the Mom and kittens so much. I apprecicate everything you did for this family of God's creatures. They will all have a much better shot at life now...because of YOU, mainly. I also got to know you better and know what an extraordinary person you are. I always appreciated your computer/geek savvy and help but now I know your soul and your goodness and gentleness. I hope this doesn't sound too gushy but it is how I feel!
Speech Prof