Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Kittens - Day 16

Tinker has gone home and is no more a direct part of this tale, but wish her and her new family well. Send them good energy and good thoughts. Bubby is still here for a few more days, and he, Willow, and Rainsong are well. Bubby and Willow's eyes have changed color. I think they will both have coppery-green eyes lke their mother, but it is hard to guess what exactly the color will become when it settles. Bubby has sneezed a few times. He doesn't show any other signs of a cold as far as I can tell, so perhaps he has allergies. Yes, cats can have allergies. About 6 months ago, I took Sasha to the vet because her eyes were watering and I was afraid she'd gotten an eye or upper respiratory infection. She, in fact, has allergies...to what exactly we don't know but most likely dust, pollen, the usual stuff. I have had major successes with both Willow and Rainsong today. I can get Willow to purr most of the time when I pet him. It started a few days ago when I scratched his sides. I chalked it up to nervousness since some cats purr when afraid. I now think, however, that he actually likes being petted because he consistently purrs from side scratchies and shows no signs of distress. Far from it...most of the time he runs to the door to greet me. And Rainsong...lovely, pretty Rainsong let me feed her from my hand again. And with one or two fingers very gently I was allowed to pet the end of her tail. When she decided it was time to stop she walked a little bit away and laid down, very relaxed and probably not more than 6 inches from me. Adam was in the room at the time, which makes this an even greater step forward. She isn't nearly so used to him as she is to me. Two days ago, she would hide the second he so much as cracked the door to look through. Patience and kindness will win her over in time. :) ...Also, took LOTS of pictures tonight. I'll be adding them (hopefully) sometime tomorrow. I'm having a situation where the computer that acts as the server for the webcam stream is also the computer I usually use to upload media.... looking into a work around though and I PROMISE photos soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the pictures!!They sure are growing!
Speech Prof

Anonymous said...

So the little creatures are moving the tripod. those little scamps!
Speech Prof