Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Kittens - Day 15
I took Tink away. She is to be delivered tomorrow. She is too wiley and good at hiding to do it in the morning. I held her out to Rainsong and said, "Say good-bye to your mother." Rainsong dipped her head and nuzzled the kitten. She sniffed her and licked her ear gently. I think she knew it was a farewell. Tink screamed as I carried her away and sat shivering in my lap for half an hour. I gave her the second dose of de-wormer and put her in a cat crate with food, water, a small towel, two toys she seemed fond of, and half the baby blanket they have all shared these two weeks. She is quiet now, but terrified. Mother, please forgive for the pain I have caused two of your daughters and two of your sons. Let nothing but good come of it or all the ill fall on me. So mote it be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
so where is TInk going? Who is the new family? will they there be new siblings?
Shari
Michele, do not feel bad. You have done a beautiful job and Mother is so grateful. We all have to be on our own at some time in our life. If all the kittens were feral then their lives would be cut shrot and stressful. Bless you.
Speech Prof
Shari
Tink is Martha (who works for Amco). I don't think she has other cats but she does have some children (2 or 4, I'm not sure...)
Speech prof,
I know it's a good thing; it was just so hard to take Rainsong's child. She really, truly loves her kittens. I don't think I can ever be the one to physically remove a kitten again, or anything's baby. I know the kitten will have a good home, but seeing Rainsong say goodbye to her and listening to her scream is something I will never, ever forget.
Post a Comment