Sunday, November 9, 2008
Kittens - Day 20
I can pet Rainsong. I had to use my trick I explained yesterday a few more times today, but earlier this evening, maybe around 6pm, she allowed me to pet her without any pretense. I had to be slow, but once I started petting she got right into. I also got her to play a little bit with a string. I think in another two weeks it will be time to get a couple of baby gates (you know those accordion-style ones) to block entry and exit to the new cats' room while still allowing some commerce with the existing cats. I have read that after a few weeks of hissing and trying to fight through the gates, all the cats will become familiar with one another and stop really trying to beat each other up...all without trips to the vet for bite wound infections. As for the kittens, they are Spartans! They roll around in a ball of play fighting that looks like something out of Looney Tunes. I will try to get a video tomorrow sometime. They really train like fearless little warriors. It's great exercise and I think they are going to be really healthy cats because of it. I promise I will try to get photos up tonight...we have to go buy Adam a new laptop for work, but when we return I will get to uploading all the great kitten-age.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment