Thursday, November 6, 2008

Kittens - Day 17

The kittens are playing and running. They spent most of the evening climbing on me. At one point I felt Willow attach himself to my back, drop off, then run all the way up my shoulders. Not three seconds later, Bubby did the same thing. I wish someone had been there to snap a picture, but I was alone with the kittens and Rainsong. Speaking of Rainsong, I've had another major breakthrough with her. There's a bed in the room the cats are in now. Sometimes after a long day's work I go back there to spend some time with them and end up napping. Earlier this evening, I fell asleep for a while and awoke to Rainsong sleeping draped across my legs. She ran away as soon as she saw I had woken up, but I can't believe that she didn't know along that the legs under the covers were attached to the big, clumsy pink monkey that brings food all the time and plays with her kittens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is great that Rainsong was sleeping over your legs. She is getting fond of you! I am sure that is difficult to go from being wild and on the run all the time to being in a safe and secure environment. Has she put on any weight?
Speech Prof

Michele said...

Speech Prof,
Yes, I think Rainsong likes me now. In the last couple of days she has let me pet her and seems to enjoy it. She is very cautious, and still hisses when I come into the room, but after a few moments she is willing to come near me and seems to enjoy my company.