
Today there were kittens being given away at work. They are from a feral cat who took up residence on campus. I didn't get in on the action too early so there was only one left, a little male tortie (I believe that's the name for the swirled pattern some tabbys have). Fortunately, he was the one I had been eyeing. He looks just like his mom. We tried to catch the mother to bring her home, but it didn't work out. She's a wiley one. After 5 hours trying to get her, we decided it was time to regroup later, and with new kitten in tow, I went home to take care of him. My muted calico, Sasha, doesn't seem too keen on the baby, ... in fact she seems pretty betrayed. I feel bad and hope she adjusts. I'm making certain to pay her lots of attention in the coming days. The kitten, who I have named Willow (one of my favorite trees and a word I think sounds euphonic) is a little pig... he just ate 0.4 oz of kitten formula! The box said he'd want about a teaspoon. Um.. no. His mother, when I get her, will be named Rainsong. We left a trap set for her; I hope she gets in it tonight so I can bring her home. Many thanks to Val, Jack, Andy, and Adam for trying to help me catch her.

No comments:
Post a Comment