Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Kittens - Day 8


Carol and Karen told me at work today that they had both gotten their kittens to eat soft real food, so I mixed some formula with Iams kitten chow. The wee kitlings here wanted nothing to do with it, but Rainsong loved it. Later, I walked into the room to douse the light for the night and caught Willow *CruNcHinG* hard kitten chow! Neither Bubby nor Tinker appeared interested in following Willow's lead, but I don't think any of the others are as desperate to eat ALL the time as he is. In the video below, you'll notice my hand petting Bubby. Willow comes to investigate - and I thought to get attention - but it turns out he wanted to see if first Bubby's ear, then my right thumb, would produce milk. Sadly for him, no. Driven by sheer starvation since he can only eat 23 hours out of every 24, he had to turn to the perils of hard food.

No comments: