Monday, October 27, 2008

Kittens - Day 7


Today is one week since Rainsong, Bubby, Tinker, and Willow came to live with a big scary human.  They're still doing fine.  My vet called today and let me know that Rainy is FELV and FIV negative.  W00t!  She seems to be warming up to people.   I gave her some milk, but fell asleep in the room with her after she started drinking.  Even when Adam came in to call me to supper, she looked up for a moment but continued drinking.  The kittens are getting stronger and can run well now.  They wrestle with each other all the time.  I picked up Bubby and Willow, but Tinker was having nothing to do with it.  I cuddled them and handled their paws.  The hope here is that they will get used to being held (because cuddling cats is great for cats and people provided both parties like the activity) and playing with their paws will get them used to having their feet touched so that claw trimming/ putting on claw covers won't be too much of an ordeal.  

No comments: