Friday, October 31, 2008

Kittens - Day 11

I touched Rainsong today. Or more accurately, she accidentally touched me. She didn't freak out though, so I think that's a good sign. She still hisses when I come in the room, but if I lay down and sleep, as I did today after waiting 4-ever in line to vote, she relaxes and appears to not really care (or notice?) that I'm still there. I got a fuzzy blanket today that hopefully all of them (especially Rainsong) will roll around on. When the two babies that are being fostered are sent to their homes I want to cut the blanket into pieces so that each will have something with his/her mother's smell. I think this might help with the distress from separation anxiety. If anyone has any other ideas, do let me know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe kitten cam!!!! They are so active and playing all over one another. Is that Rainsong in the brown box? The kittens are little athletes! I love it!! You are one clever gal. It is almost 5:30. I thought that they would be sleeping now.
Speech Prof

Michele said...

Speech Prof
They play most of the time, tumbling around and rolling all over. It's hard to say where Rainsong is at any given time; she moves around a lot. Sometimes she rolls around with the kittens and plays just like one.